January 8, 2011

NYIP Unit 1, Lesson 2

I began Lesson 2 and completed the first section which completed the second CD.  We briefly discussed the history of photography.  This took about 15 minutes which was probably about right for most people.  It was an interesting topic and when I have time I may do independent research to learn more.  The major point of the discussion was the photographers took beautiful, relevant, interesting pictures long before digital cameras were made.

The next 15 minutes was spent on a high level over-view of the parts of the camera, with promises that more detailed explanations would follow.  I find this a good approach.  It gives one a sense of the "whole picture" so you can see how the parts relate to the camera and each other.

By reading ahead I saw the next section is on types of cameras and they discuss what camera is recommended for the course.  I also saw a quiz on the last page.

So far, so good.

No comments: