January 25, 2011

NYIP, Unit 1 update

I finished all the lesson CDs for Unit 1 on Sunday and found Units 2 and 3 waiting at my doorstep when I got home from work Monday.  How's that for timing?  I took the comprehensive on-line test for Unit 1 and got my grade a second after clicking Submit.  (I got an A+.  I missed one question so I think it should be an A, but the results said 97% was an A+.)

I'm still not finished with Unit 1 as I have a "Live Action Training" DVD to watch that reportedly shows professionals demonstrating the topics discussed in the lessons, and there are 2 more CDs.  One is a "NYIP Insider's Guide" titled How to Enter and Win Contests and the other is a "NYIP Business Series" for Freelance Opportunities which is accompanied by a 66-page booklet with the same name.

Then I have to submit 3 photo projects, but that may have to wait till spring as we are having a colder and snowier than usual winter and I'm a bit of a wuse.

It took about 12 hours to finish the lessons for Unit 1, but that doesn't count the research I did "outside class".  The research was valuable and interesting, but probably not actually necessary as it appears topics are introduced gradually with subsequent lessons going into more detail.

01/29/11: I finished the video and the last 2 CDs.  That brings the total time to 14 - 15 hours, but it took me a month to do those 15 hours.

No comments: