January 1, 2012

My Project 52 for 2012

I decided to do a Project 52  this year.  I'm not very good at following through with commitments so I probably won't even make it through the first month, but I'm willing to give it a try.  I decided to use composition as my theme to match last year's project so I can practice what I learned.

If you'd like to start your own Project 52, I posted the topics on the page labeled 2012 Project-12-52-365.  It's set up so you do a Project 52 to take a picture a week, a Project 12 for a picture a month, or a Project 365 and take a picture a day using the monthly or weekly theme .  If you don't get started the first week in January, you can still start at the beginning by following the numbered columns or jump in at the middle of the year by using the date columns.

I will try to post a lesson about the weekly or monthly theme regularly because the purpose of this project is to improve photography skills.  We can take a picture a day, but if we don't learn something about the correct techniques, a fat lot of good all those pictures will do us.

You can think up your own theme if you like.  Some people use the same subject for every picture.  Shoes, pets, themselves, a garden.  If you want other ideas, just Google "Project 52" or "Project 365".  Here are some sites I found:

Project 52.org

DIgital Photography School:
Photojojo!
You can do this project even if you don't have a camera.  Check out my Project Photography Composition page.

    No comments: