December 3, 2011

PhotoShelter and Your Photographpy Business

Yesterday I told you about a free magazine from PhotographyBB and that November's issue included a link to PhotoShelter's free photo business bootcamp.

I signed up for the bootcamp.  I got more than I bargained for.  The bootcamp lasts 5 weeks and consists of an email each week.  I thought each weekly email would probably consist of one or two articles, possible a pdf file, and some pictures.  Boy, was I wrong! 

I got my first week's email today - it looks like it is going to be a knuckle-down, buckle-up, set-aside-some-real-time-to-do-some-work bootcamp.  Here's what I got:

Week 1 - Inspiration: the Secret to Success
  1. Brian Smith's Tips on Breaking Through  - an hour long Webinar
  2. Ami Vitale on Finding & Pitching New Ideas - a 20 minute Webinar
  3. Staying Focused on Your Passion Projects - a one and a half hour webinar with portrait photographer Tim Mantoani
  4. Why Passion Matters - a 12 minute interview with sports photographer Ed Mulholland
  5. Innovator's Bag: Up Close - a 20 minute interview with David Burnett, a photojournalist
  6. 11 Things Photographers Wish They Learned in School - an article featuring answers from 11 well known photographers and some Twitterers answering the question "What do you wish you'd learned earlier in your career?"
  7. Why Attitude Matters - an article on the 5 positive traits of successful photographers
  8. Reinventing Yourself - a 7 minute interview (and article) with Robert Seale about changing your career direction.  Robert left his safe newspaper staff job to (successfully) pursue a freelance career in editorial and corporate photographer.  (This included a link to PhotoShelter's free 2011 Inspiration Handbook,)
Not to mention access to other free guides and webinars on the PhotoShelter Blog.

Even though I haven't seen all the webinars yet, in my opinion, this one week is worth as much as the "business kit" I recently purchased for $30. 

No comments: