November 13, 2011

Updated Composition Project

Last week, I abused my leg muscles by walking down eight flights of stairs during a fire drill.  I'm old, I'm lazy, and I have residual injuries that I like to call "sports injuries" but they are mostly from accidents when I was younger and more active.  Anyway, I don't climb up or down many stairs anymore and eight flights was about 7 1/2 too many.  So I can't do much this weekend, but sit at the computer.  Which is mostly what I usually do anyway. 

So, this morning I took the 4 lesson HP course "Beyond basics: fundamental photography techniques" which covers portraits, architecture and landscape, black & white photography, and macro photography.  While I was taking the course I found a couple of pictures that would illustrate topics for my Photography Composition project so I got sidetracked, but I managed to finish the course anyway with 100% on all the quizzes. It was a good review of the different techniques and I did learn some new things.

While adding the pictures to my project, I decided to re-organize it since I'm just sitting here.  I divided it into three separate PowerPoint presentations and rearranged the subjects to make a better flow of topics.  I also added a few topics, subtopics, and more pictures.  Then I updated my Project page here on this blog - check out # 5 if you want to see the changes.

I'm thinking of starting a Project 52 next year with the subtopics from my project, or maybe a Project 12 as I think I now have 12 main topics.

No comments: