March 26, 2011

Updates

I haven't signed up with Lynda.com yet so this is a short update on that site.  I have not been inundated with emails from them wanting to know why I haven't.  I got 2 or 3 maybe 4 emails total from them in the month since I signed up for the 2 week free trial. 

This is good.  Companies that won't take no for an answer and send me a gazillion emails should be banned from the Internet.  Lynda.com does not appear to be that kind of company. 

On another note, I have not been keeping up with my NYIP lessons as I got side-tracked last month and haven't been able to get back to them.  (Procrastinator is my middle name.)  I did receive the lesson materials for the rest of the units a couple of weeks ago along with a reflector umbrella. The umbrella looks like this one but I think it's smaller. I'm not sure if umbrellas are measured across or over the top. The one I got is 33" across the top, 23" diameter.



A couple of months ago I also got the lens cleaning cloth from NYIP that I had to request because they were out when they sent the first unit.  The cloth is a generous 15" x 15", probably a $5 - $10 value.

Photoflex Lighting School has a free lesson on using umbrellas if you're interested.  They have several free lighting lessons because they sell lighting equipment. 

Web Photo School also has a free lesson on using umbrellas with strobe lighting.

LightenUpandShoot.com has some suggestions for umbrella brackets.  This is an irreverent photography site from two fun dudes.  Check it out.

No comments: